Sunstate Equipment remains open in all markets
By Lindsey Anderson07 April 2020
Sunstate Equipment, the Phoenix-based equipment rental company with depots across Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Utah, Tennessee and Texas, remains open for business while taking precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
“We understand that officials in some markets have limited business activities to essential services only,” said Chris Watts, President and CEO. “As your rental service partner, we stand with you as an essential service provider to meet your equipment and support needs.”
Watts said in a statement that the company is closely monitoring and following CDC and World Health Organization guidelines, along with federal, state and local recommendations and ordinances. “For the safety of both your team and ours, we have enacted a COVID-19 Emergency Response Plan with measures that provide for enhanced precautions and social distancing throughout all Sunstate locations,” Watts said. “We look forward to being able to greet you once again with a hearty Sunstate handshake when this crisis has passed. Until then, we will partner with you closely to keep the construction industry and our economy moving forward, no matter the challenges we may face along the way.”
Sunstate’s emergency response plan is as follows:
- We have limited face-to-face customer sales calls, maintaining primary contact with our business partners via phone and electronic communications.
- Our My Account online customer dashboard and mobile app is also a great tool for making reservations and managing your equipment needs.
- We use no-touch greetings when we do meet with [with customers.]
- We have postponed appreciation luncheons, open houses, events and other social gatherings.
- We’ve asked our team members and vendors to postpone bringing sharable food to our locations.
- Our sales teams have stopped all nonessential travel but will gladly video conference or jump on a call with [customers] to keep operations moving as fluidly as possible.
- All team members with the ability to work remotely are now doing so.
- We are asking employees to stay home if they do not feel well, have been exposed to COVID-19, or have recently traveled to or from a CDC Level 3 Area.
- We are providing enhanced COVID-19-related benefits to make it easier for our team members who need to stay home.
- We have eliminated any nonessential employee interoffice or branch visits to help minimize exposure throughout our network.
- We have restricted visitor access and have asked our suppliers and other business partners to transition to web-based meetings.
- Our Operator Safety Training program is now limited to critical requests comprised only of small participant group sizes. Additional social distancing and sanitization measures are being taken.
- We will continue to modify our approach, as needed, in response to future developments.
The gold standard in market research
Off-Highway Research offers a library of more than 200 regularly updated reports, providing forensic detail on key aspects of the construction equipment industry.
Our detailed insights and expert analyses are used by over 500 of the world’s largest and most successful suppliers, manufacturers and distributers, to inform their strategic plans and deliver profitable growth.