Larry Silber to keynote ALH Conference
By Lindsey Anderson23 April 2021
Larry Silber, Herc Rentals’ president, CEO and director, will give the keynote presentation at the 2021 ALH Conference, set for Sept. 14 in Chicago.
Organized by Access, Lift & Handlers and its publisher, KHL Group, the day-long ALH Conference covers key topics for the access and rental industry in North America, including economic forecasts, rental technology, product trends, cost of ownership issues and more.
Silber joined the company in May 2015 and lead it to become public in July 2016. Before joining Herc, he served as an executive advisor at Court Square Capital Partners, LLP from 2013-2015.
Other speakers and topics confirmed thus far for the ALH Conference include:
- Charles Dougherty, vice president and economist, Wells Fargo Securities, will provide an economic outlook tailored to the rental and access industries.
- Matthew Elvin, CEO, Snorkel and Xtreme Manufacturing, will present on the electrification of telehandlers and high-reach equipment with a focus on lithium power.
- Ken McDougall, President, Skyjack
- Kevin O’Shea, director of safety and training, AGF Access Group, will give key insights into equipment inspection and why it’s of utmost importance.
- Luke Powers, Founder and CEO, Gearflow.com, will discuss e-commerce within the construction industry and its impacts on productivity and costs.
- IPAF will provide share its best practices for e-learning and remote training.
For more information and to register, visit www.alh-ca.com
As keynote speaker, Larry Silber brings experience of both manufacturing and rental. From 1978 to 2008, Silber worked for Ingersoll Rand in a number of roles of increasing responsibility. He led major Ingersoll Rand business groups including Utility Equipment, Rental and Remarketing and the Equipment and Services businesses.
He was Chairman of Ingersoll Rand Canada and also was a member of several joint venture boards for the company. Earlier in his career, he led sales, marketing and operations functions in the company’s Power Tool Division and Construction and Mining Group.
Silber served on the board of directors of SMTC Corporation (and for a time served as its interim president and CEO), the advisory board of Weiler Corporation, and on the board of Pike Electric Corporation, Inc.
He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from Rutgers College, The State University of New Jersey and also attended executive development programs at Harvard Business School, The University of Chicago’s Booth Business School and a co-sponsored program between Ingersoll Rand and Duke Fuqua School of Business. Silber resides in Naples, FL with his wife, Rebecca. They have three adult children.
The clock is ticking… Construction workers in New York City – have you fulfilled your required Site Safety Training (SST)? Get your SST card online now
The gold standard in market research
Off-Highway Research offers a library of more than 200 regularly updated reports, providing forensic detail on key aspects of the construction equipment industry.
Our detailed insights and expert analyses are used by over 500 of the world’s largest and most successful suppliers, manufacturers and distributers, to inform their strategic plans and deliver profitable growth.