First speakers confirmed for 2021 ALH Conference
By Lindsey Anderson12 February 2021
The first round of speakers for the 2021 ALH Conference on Sept. 14 in Chicago have been confirmed.
Organized by Access, Lift & Handlers and its publisher, KHL Group, the day-long ALH Conference covers key topics for the access and rental industry in North America, including economic forecasts, rental technology, product trends, cost of ownership issues and more.
Speakers and select topics confirmed thus far include:
- Charles Dougherty, vice president and economist, Wells Fargo Securities, will provide an economic outlook tailored to the rental and access industries.
- Matthew Elvin, CEO, Snorkel and Xtreme Manufacturing, will present on the electrification of telehandlers and high-reach equipment with a focus on lithium power.
- Ken McDougall, President, Skyjack
- Kevin O’Shea, director of safety and training, AGF Access Group, will give key insights into equipment inspection and why it’s of utmost importance.
- Luke Powers, Founder and CEO, Gearflow.com, will discuss e-commerce within the construction industry and its impacts on productivity and costs.
- IPAF will provide share its best practices for e-learning and remote training.
Further speaker announcements will be made, with the following topics to be covered:
- Rental company digitization during the global pandemic and how software has streamlined operations
- Managing workforces in a Covid-19 world – what regulations are in place and what are workers’ rights?
- Battery and lithium ion technology, trends and maintenance
- Rental differentiation strategies
- Implementing dynamic pricing in the rental industry
Registration and further information will be announced soon, including details on an IPAF-sponsored networking event hosted the night prior to the ALH Conference.
ALH and KHL Group will be closely monitoring the impact of the pandemic leading up the event. Shall travel and gathering restrictions remain in place, the Conference will transition to an online platform.
The gold standard in market research
Off-Highway Research offers a library of more than 200 regularly updated reports, providing forensic detail on key aspects of the construction equipment industry.
Our detailed insights and expert analyses are used by over 500 of the world’s largest and most successful suppliers, manufacturers and distributers, to inform their strategic plans and deliver profitable growth.