ALH Awards shortlist announced
By Lindsey Anderson05 September 2017
The shortlist for the 2017 ALH Awards has been revealed following the judges meeting on Sept. 5.
With nearly 60 entries across the 11 categories, the 2017 awards garnered more attention than any previous ALH Conference & Awards.
Organized by Access, Lift & Handlers magazines, the ALH Awards aim to celebrate the industry’s best. The Awards take place during a gala dinner on the evening of Oct. 12 following the day-long conference on the same day. For more information on the conference, see our schedule here.
The ALH Awards shortlist is as follows:“Thank you to all of the companies and individuals who sent in entries,” said Lindsey Anderson, ALH editor. “I would also like to thank my judging panel who put in a lot of time and effort over the last few weeks reading through the materials.”
Access Industry Employer of the Year
• JLG Industries, Inc.
• TVH Parts Co.
• United Rentals
Access Projects of the Year – Powered AWPs
• Genie (New Champlain Bridge reconstruction)
• UP Equip (Mount Royal Cross)
Access Projects of the Year – MCWPs
• AGF Access Group (New Champlain Bridge reconstruction)
• Alimak Hek, Inc. (The Wharf Project)
• Fraco Products Ltd (Meliadine Gold Mine)
• Klimer (The Simpsons Project)
Access Rental Innovation
• Genie – Genie Tech Sight application
• Point of Rental Software – Inspection application
• Trackunit Inc. – Trackunit Go and Trackunit On
Access Safety Innovation
• Haulotte Group – Activ’Lighting System Safe Load
• Raxtar – Self-erecting commontower
• Tutus – Dropped Object Prevention Solutions – DOPS
• TVH Parts Co. – Red LED Warning Light, Blue LED Spotlight and Red and Blue Arrow Lights
Product Innovation (AWPs over 20 feet)
• Dinolift – Dino 92RXT
• Genie – SX-135 XC
• Haulotte Group – Stop Emission system
• ReachMaster, Inc. – Bibi 33BL-W Evo
• ReachMaster, Inc. – Falcon FS108-Z
Product Innovation (AWPs under 20 feet)
• JLG – 830P
• JLG – EcoLift
• Snorkel – TM16E
• Toyota Material Handling U.S.A. – SV1930E
Product Innovation (Telehandlers)
• Dieci United States – Pegasus 45.30
• JLG Industries, Inc. – 1644 and 1732 high-capacity telehandlers
• Magni Telescopic Handlers – RTH 6.46 SH
• Skyjack – SJ1256 THS
• Snorkel – SR5519
Product Innovation (Vehicle-mounted AWPs)
• ReachMaster, Inc. – Ruthmann Eagle T108A
• Socage North America – forSte 94TWW
Rising Star Award
• Franklin Equipment LLC
• UP Equip
ALH Person of the Year
Winner to be announced the evening of awards.
The independent, impartial judging panel has decades of experience between them and includes:
· Steve Brown, product specialist of aerial platforms and material handling, ABLE Equipment Rental
· Jeffrey Marr, Jr., manager of business development, The Marr Companies
· Steve Michaels, vice president of fleet management, Neff Rental
· Tim Whiteman, CEO and managing director, International Powered Access Federation (IPAF)
· Lindsey Anderson, editor, ALH
The gold standard in market research
Off-Highway Research offers a library of more than 200 regularly updated reports, providing forensic detail on key aspects of the construction equipment industry.
Our detailed insights and expert analyses are used by over 500 of the world’s largest and most successful suppliers, manufacturers and distributers, to inform their strategic plans and deliver profitable growth.